Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Christmas Quilts

I promised that I would blog about some quilts that I've recently done.
The two quilts I'm going to share today were quilts I made 100% for two different people for Christmas.  They both came to me with quilt ideas for their spouses for Christmas and I couldn't be more please with how they turned out!

The first one is for a couple at my church who also happens to be my sister-in-laws grandparents.  If I lost you, long story short, my husband's younger sister is adopted and her grandparents go to our church. Grandpa asked me to make a quilt for Grandma with all of the grandkids names and birthdays on it.  I have free reign over the entire thing.  Her favorite colors are red and purple so I went with it.  I embroidered all of the names inside of the stars and I just love how bright and cheery it is! This was the first actual quilt that I quilted on my new longarm. I stuck with a simple all over pattern since the quilt had a lot going on itself. 








The second quilt is a Cardinals baseball quilt I made 100% for my friend Marilyn's husband.  Marilyn's husband is the Dean of Education at the college I graduated from and Marilyn was a counselor whom I because close with!  Their daughter also teaches with my husband, so I love this family!  She told me that her husband loves the Cardinals and that they were redoing their guest room in a Cardinals theme! PERFECT!  I did an all over swirl with a little extra at the top to resemble a cardinal bird's head. Here is what I came up with:







If you're interested in my longarm quilting services please email me at jamie@sunflower-quilts.com 
and make sure you follow me on Instagram; jamiemueller0522


1 comments:

Nancy Page said...

Great work!!! Love the quilts and the quilting! Well done!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!