My talented friend Diane over at From Blank Pages has designed her first quilt pattern called Grandma's Lawn Chair. Check out her Craftsy page because she also has some awesome paper piecing patterns as well!
The pattern was very detailed and has lots of illustrations!
Diane has thought of everything for this pattern and the instructions have three different sizes. I chose to do the toddler size. My sister-in-law is pregnant and having a little girl in January, so I thought this was a great pattern to use for her baby quilt! The pattern went together super fast! I got the top together (including cutting) in one day! Well, sporadically on one day between naps and after Jared went to bed!
Here is the quilt top I made and I love how it turned out!
I haven't had time to quilt it yet, but that's on my list for this week!
If you're interested in purchasing Diane's Grandma's Lawn Chair, you can purchase it on Craftsy or Etsy!
Included in the pattern:
- Table of Contents
- A few tips regarding the fabric you choose.
- Cutting instructions for three different quilt sizes: Baby, Toddler, and Lap size.
- Tips and instructions for using directional prints as well as directional prints for the background fabric.
- Cutting instructions include how to cut from yardage, as well as how to cut from fat quarters (or fat eights for the baby size).
- Piecing instructions.
- Fabric variations and color schemes, as well as a key for cutting if using scraps.
- LOTS of diagrams
- Coloring pages for all three sizes so you can play around with your layout before cutting any fabric.
Great pattern Diane, and thanks for letting me be a part of the blog hop!!
Make sure you check out all of the other stops on the blog hop as well!
Mon 9th - Diane @ from blank pages...
Tues 10th - Julie @ Jolie Maxtin
Wed 11th - Ginny @ Fishcreek Studio
Thurs 12th - Kelleigh - guest blogging at from blank pages...
Fri 13th - Sara @ Sew Sweetness
Mon 16th , Diane @ from blank pages...
Tues 17th - Hilary @ Young Texan Mama
Wed 18th - Mike @ The Amateur Quilter
Thurs 19th - Rachael @ imagine gnats
Fri 20th - Courtney @ Mon Petite Lyons
Mon 23rd - Jamie @ Sunflower Seeds
Tues 24th - Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts
Wed 25th - Krista @ Spotted Stones
Thurs 26th - Cristy @ Sew Much Like Mom
Fri 27th - Diane @ from blank pages...
Diane is nice enough to let me give away a PDF copy to one lucky reader! I will choose a winner next Monday Sept. 30th! Leave a comment below and you will be entered to win!